Have you ever stopped to ponder about the pieces of your Life Plan? The “To Do’s” you love to do and just “How” you make them come true? So many times, we get caught up in the roller coaster of everyday routines – the treasures of our life are not treasured. That is until they are taken away, changed and or even just slightly modified.
In today’s COVID times, it is a Perfect time to ponder and re-evaluate your life journey—Industries are changing, work places becoming remote or re-designed and lifestyles revolving more around the home.
I hope this article finds you some ways to start to plan the next chapter of your life. As, having an overall life plan (just like businesses have formal plans) can also help save time, money and even heartache when building or rebuilding your Perfect life. Some of these changes may require a few months or years in these changing economic times. But if you have a plan in hand – then you can take action when the time comes.
So here are just a few questions and a fun formula to ponder for your Life Plan:
6P’s of a Life Plan
(Where + What + Who + “To Do”) + (How + Why) = Life Dream Come True!
- What are the pieces “To Do” to build my dream lifestyle?
- What I need “To/or Not Do”…or “How and Why” to achieve it?
Some of the things you may jot down for the “To Do” and “How/Why” of your Life Plan are the following:
- Is your personal setting, your home, something you cherish? As home is becoming more of an everyday part and even work part of your life. Do you like where it’s located? Is it close to sporting, walking/biking trails or a natural environment? Is it quiet, is it easy to manage, or do you like a challenge with lots of space and/or city noise and lots of excitement but less outside access?
- Is your career and profession a big piece of fulfillment in your Life Plan lifestyle? Many people are driven and fulfilled internally by their careers. It is how they identify themselves and, thus, is a big piece of their Lifestyle. If this is true, then you must continually improve yourself in this aspect of your life to stay competitive in your field to hold onto this treasure. Thus, educational and skill improvements would play a big part of your Life Plan.
- Are sports or a personal hobby a big part of the game in developing your life formula? Many people come close to being professional players in many sports or hobbies for fulfillment in life. From competitive golf to championship horse riding, many hours – and dollars – are devoted each week to keeping up with this talent. One needs to factor the time and money into this fulfilling but time-consuming part of your Life Plan—and balance it with career, family and personal setting choices/factors, such as choosing a smaller home, job over career, or living near the course or rings.
- When does retirement play into your Life Plan? If you desire to retire early then make saving – creating your Life Pension Fund – a bigger piece of your planning early in life. The multiplier effect of saving at an early age is huge. One less latte a day can make a frothy difference in making your retirement less stressful. Or, you may decide to live in a smaller condo or pad where you don’t have to downsize when you get older. So many times you take a big hit on moving to smaller dwellings. Don’t take that hit and find the right fit from day one – it is amazing what you can fit in your personal setting nowadays. And use the outdoor community parks as your pool and grilling stations.
- Is serving and conserving one of your Life Plan Pieces and Purpose in life? Many take a shift in their life away from personal accomplishments towards a more charitable life. As with sports, you need to leave time to pursue your passion in helping others and efforts to protect our world. It may also mean you travel a lot and thus need a career that allows flexibility. And a personal setting that is lock and go—low maintenance.
These are just a few pieces that come into play in your Life Plan. With more time on our hands while in quarantine, it was and is a great time to start observing what you cherish on a daily or even hourly basis… and jot them down in a Life Planner.
Give Rise to your Dream Life…by formulating your Life Plan!